Anchovy and Roasted Pepper Salad. Sweet peppers, salty anchovies and plenty of garlic make an intensely flavoured salad that is delicious with meat, poultry or cheese. It also makes a tasty snack with olive bread. If you find that canned anchovies are too salty for your liking, you can reduce their saltiness by soaking them in milk for 20 minutes. Drain off the oil first and after soaking drain and rinse them in cold water.
Anchovy and Roasted Pepper Salad Ingredients:
- 2 medium of each red, orange and yellow bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 50g can anchovies in olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place the peppers, cut side down, in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, until the skins are charred.
- Transfer the peppers to a bowl, cover with clear plastic wrap and leave for 15 minutes.
- Peel the peppers, then cut them into chunky strips. Drain the anchovies and halve the fillets lengthways.
- Slice the garlic as thinly as possible and place it in a large bowl.
- Stir in the olive oil, vinegar and a little pepper.
- Add the peppers and anchovies and use a spoon and fork to fold the ingredients together.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.