Artichokes and Green Beans Salad with Garlic Dressing Recipe. Piquant garlic dressing or creamy aioli go perfectly with these lightly-cooked vegetables. Serve lemon wedges with the artichokes so that their juice may be squeezed over to taste. The vegetables can also be garnished with finely shredded lemon rind. Artichokes should feel heavy for their size – make sure that the inner leaves are wrapped tightly round the choke and the heart inside.
Artichokes and Green Beans Salad with Garlic Dressing Ingredients:
- 225g green beans
- 3 small globe artichokes
- 1 tbsp. lemon-flavoured oil
- 1 cup garlic dressing or aioli
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the beans in boiling water for about 1-2 minutes, until slightly softened, then drain well and set aside.
- Trim the artichoke stalks close to the base.
- Cook them in a large pan of salted water for about 30 minutes, or until you can easily pull away leaf from the base, then drain well and set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, halve them lengthways and ease out their chokes using a teaspoon.
- Arrange the artichokes and beans on a serving plates and drizzle with the lemon-flavored oil.
- Season with coarse salt and a little pepper.
- Spoon the garlic dressing or aioli into the hearts and serve warm.
- To eat the artichokes, pull the leaves from the base one at a time and use to scoop a little of the dressing.
- It is only the fleshy end of each half that is eaten as well as the base, bottom or “fond”.