Beetroot with Fresh Mint Salad Recipe. This simple and decorative beetroot salad can be served as part of a selection of salads, as an appetizer, or as an accompaniment to grilled or roasted pork or lamb. Balsamic vinegar is a rich, dark vinegar with a mellow, deep flavour. It can be used to dress a variety of salad ingredients and is particularly good drizzled over a tomato and basil salad.
Beetroot with Fresh Mint Salad Ingredients:
- 4-6 beetroot, (beet) cooked
- 1-2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves stripped and thinly shredded
- Slice the beetroot or cut into even-size dice with a sharp knife.
- Put the beetroot in a bowl. Add the balsamic vinegar, olive oil and a pinch of salt and toss together to combine.
- Add half the thinly shredded fresh mint to the salad and toss lightly until thoroughly combined.
- Place the salad in the refrigerator and chill for about 1 hour.
- Serve garnished with the remaining thinly shredded mint leaves.