Black Bean Slaw with Soy-Ginger Dressing, Because the skin on fresh ginger is very thin, it is often used unpeeled. To grate the root, grate across the grain with a ginger grater or Microplane.
Black Bean Slaw with Soy-Ginger Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 6 cups shredded cabbage with carrots (coleslaw mix)
- 2 med. green apples, cored & chopped
- 1 large red sweet pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. peanut oil
- 2 tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- In a large bowl combine black beans, shredded cabbage with carrot, apple, and sweet pepper. In a small screw-top jar combine cider vinegar, soy sauce, peanut oil, ginger, honey, and black pepper; cover and shake well. Pour over cabbage mixture. Toss to coat.
- Prepare slaw as above. Divide among four airtight storage containers. Cover and chill overnight. For each serving, pack a storage container of salad in an insulated container with at least two ice packs. Serve with in 5 hours.