Capri Salad Recipe, Beefsteak tomatoes are excellent both cooked and raw, because they have a good flavour. When buying tomatoes, always look for ones that are firm to the touch and have a bright red color.
Capri Salad Ingredients:
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes
- 125g mozzarella cheese
- 12 black olives
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the broiler. Cut the tomatoes into thin slices.
- Drain the mozzarella, if necessary, and cut into slices.
- Pit the olives and slice them into rings.
- Layer the tomatoes, mozzarella slices, olives and basil leaves in a stack, finishing with a layer of cheese on top.
- Place each stack under the hot broiler for 3 minutes, or just long enough to melt the cheese.
- Drizzle over the vinegar and oil season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to individual serving plates and garnish with basil leaves.
- Serve immediately.