Chicken and Almond Salad Recipe. A light and nutty chicken salad with fresh lettuce and tangy lemon zest, so tasty and healthy. A refreshing and easy meal to serve at any time of the day. What’s best for this recipe is that you can use your chicken leftovers and have a great quick fix meal to enjoy.
Chicken and Almond Salad Ingredients:
- 3 chicken fillets, halves and skinless
- Sal and pepper
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 butter Boston or Bibb lettuce, torn into serving pieces
- 2 cups lightly packed watercress sprigs
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds to serve
- 2 tbsp. grated lemon zest, to serve
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ cup light olive oil
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- Preheat oven to 300F, (150C/Gas Mark 2).
- Place the chicken in a single layer baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the water and bake the chicken until it is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the dish and cut it into strips.
- Combine with the salad greens in a large bowl.
- For the mayonnaise, place the eggs, lemon juice, and mustard in the food processor, then process for a minute.
- Combine oil with the motor running, add the oil in a slow, steady stream.
- Process until thoroughly combined. Stir in the lemon zest.
- Toss the mayonnaise with the greens and chicken and sprinkle with the almonds and lemon zest.
- Serve immediately after preparing.