Chicory Salad Recipe, The contrast of the pink grapefruit, creamy chicory, and bright green corn salad makes this dish look simply stunning. Corn salad is also called lamb’s lettuce because the shape of its dark green leaves resembles a lamb’s tongue. The French call it mache. It is easy to grow in the garden and will withstand the frost.
Chicory Salad Ingredients:
- 21 pink grapefruit
- 1 avocado
- 55g corn salad
- 2 heads chicory, sliced diagonally
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
French Dressing :
- 3 tbsp. oilve oil
- 1 tbsp. wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon or Meaux mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- salt and pepper
- Peel the grapefruit with a serrated knife. Cut the grapefruit into segments by cutting between the membranes. Set aside.
- To make the French dressing, place the oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, and honey in a screw-top jar and shake vigorously.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing into a bowl.
- Halve and pit the avocado and cut it into thin slices. Peel off the skin, then place the sliced flesh in the bowl of French dressing and toss gently to coat.
- Remove any stems from the corn salad and place in a bowl with the grapefruit, chicory, and chopped mint.
- Add the avocado slices and 2 tablespoons of the French dressing.
- Toss well and transfer to individual serving plates. Serve at once.