Chinese Cold Noodles Salad with Peanut Sauce Recipe. This salad is a mouth-watering, so fresh and the vegetables are so crunchy and it has a perfect balance of sweet, savoury and spicy flavours. This cold salad is made of Vermicelli noodles, carrots, cucumber, spring onions, roasted peanuts and a savoury Chinese peanut and sesame oil dressing.
Chinese Cold Noodles Salad with Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
- 450g Thick Rice Vermicelli Noodles
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- ½ of medium Cucumber, seeded and julienned
- 85g roasted peanuts
- 2 spring onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned and soak in iced water
- 100g peanut butter
- 4 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 90ml dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp roasted white sesame seeds
- ½ cup Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine (hua tiao)
- 1-2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- ½ cup hot water
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the noodles and cook until barely tender and still firm.
- Drain and plunge into cold water and drain well.
- Toss noodles with sesame oil and transfer to a serving dish.
- Prepare a dressing by combining all ingredients except hot water in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add hot water and blend until the consistency turns like whipping cream.
- Top noodles with cucumber, roasted peanuts, spring onions and carrots.
- Serve noodles at room temperature with dressing on the side.