Chive Up Seafood Salad Recipe. Chive Up Seafood Salad is very light and refreshing, it’s a firework of seafood salad in your mouth. The Mango coleslaw is super easy to prepare and the mayo dressing is superb. The combination of tangy, peppery, spicy and sweet dressing and freshen up with dill and chives are perfect for seafood salad.
Chive Up Seafood Salad Ingredients:
- 1/2 kg mussels, steamed open and shelled
- 1/2 kg prawns, steamed and shelled
- 1/4 head of red cabbage, shredded ( about 3 cups)
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded (about 6 cups)
- 1 medium half-ripe mango, diced
- 1 160g can nestle cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pickle relish
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp curry powder
- salt ,pepper, and sugar to taste
- pinch of chili powder
- lettuce leaves
- Toss mussels, prawns, cabbages, and mango in a bowl. Cool in the fridge.
- In another bowl, blend all the ingredients for dressing.
- Toss into seafood mixture just before serving and chill 10-15 minutes.
- Serve on individual plates lined with lettuce leaves.