Creamy Chicken Waldorf Salad Recipe, A fresh and creamy chicken Waldorf salad with crunchy apple, celery and walnuts and fresh leafy lettuce coat with mayo dressing. A delicious, fast and easy way to prepare a healthy salad.
Creamy Chicken Waldorf Salad Ingredients:
- 400g chicken breast fillets
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 2 red apples
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 60g blonde walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 125g mayonnaise
- 1 lettuce, separated into cups, washed and crisped
- To poach the chicken fillets: place fillets, onion, carrot and salt in a pan and add hot water just to cover.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and cool in its juices and strain, reserve stock for future use.
- Cut chicken into half-inch cubes. Wash apples well, leave skin on and cut into half-inch cubes and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- In a bowl, toss chicken, apples, celery and walnuts together, then add mayonnaise and gently toss through.
- Spoon into the lettuce cups and serve as an appetizer or light lunch; or line a salad bowl with lettuce leaves and pile salad into the center and serve for a buffet.