Crunchy Cucumber Chicken Salad,
Crunchy Cucumber Chicken Salad Ingredients:
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups peeled, seeded and cubed cantaloupe and/or seedless red grapes
- i cup chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. snipped fresh mint or cilantro
- black pepper
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- In a large bowl toss together chicken, cantaloupe and/or grapes, and cucumber.
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine orange juice, oil, and mint. Cover and shake well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over chicken mixture; toss lightly to coat.
- Divide romaine among four serving plates. Top with chicken mixture. Serve immediately..
For 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast, purchase a deli-roasted chicken. Using two forks shred enough of the chicken breast to make 2 cups, discarding the skin. (Or cut up a 9-ounce package thawed frozen cooked chicken breast strips.) If you have more time, in a covered saucepan cook 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast in 1½ cups water about 15 minutes or until no longer pink (170 F). Drain well. Cool slightly and shred.