Deviled Egg Salad Recipe, Get the taste of deviled eggs with the simplicity of egg salad! The secret is bacon, then crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled right over the bowl.
For hard-boiled egg with bright yolks and no dark rim, place the eggs in a saucepan, cover with cold water and put the pan on high heat. Bring to a boil, cook one minute, and then remove the pan from heat. Let stand 13 minutes, drain, and place in cold water until cool enough to peel.
Deviled Egg Salad Ingredients:
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 Tbsp. salad dressing or mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill weed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 6 cups torn Boston or Bibb lettuce
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 3 green onions, sliced
- dill vinaigrette
- Halve hard-cooked eggs lengthwise and place yolks in a small bowl.
- Set whites aside. Mash yolks with fork and stir in salad dressing, dill weed, garlic, hot pepper sauce, and salt.
- Stuff egg white halves with yolk mixture. Set aside. On a platter arrange lettuce, tomatoes, sweet pepper, bacon, and green onions.
- Arrange eggs on greens. Drizzle with Dill Vinaigrette.
- Dill Vinaigrette In a screw-top jar combine 1/3 cup olive oil or salad oil; 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar; 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed; 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard; 1 clove garlic, minced; 1/4 teaspoon salt; and 1/4 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce.
- Cover and shake well.
- To hard-cook eggs: In a large saucepan place eggs in a single layer.
- Add enough cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Bring to rapid boiling over high heat.
- Remove from heat, cover.
- Let stand 15 minutes; drain. Cool. Peel.