Figs and Prosciutto Salad Recipe, Figs are available all around the season; however they are best available from May through November. One may find fresh as well as dried figs in the markets. Fresh figs are a great addition to salad, in cakes and ice-creams. Dried ones can be added to soup, stews and to enrich poultry, venison, lamb meat.
Figs and Prosciutto Salad Ingredients:
- 60g arugula leaves
- 4 fresh figs
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp. clear honey
- 1 medium red chili, finely chopped
- Tear the arugula leaves into manageable pieces and arrange on four individual plates.
- Using a sharp knife, cut each of the figs into wedges and place them on top of arugula.
- Cut each prosciutto into half lengthwise and divide it on four plates and sprinkle over the arugula and figs.
- To make a dressing combine oil, orange juice, honey and chopped red chili in a jar and shake well.
- Drizzle the dressing over on each plate and serve immediately.