Figs with Prosciutto and Roquefort Salad Recipe. Fresh figs are a delicious treat, whether you choose a dark purple, yellowy green or green-skinned varieties. When they are ripe, you can split them open with your fingers to reveal the soft, sweet flesh full of edible seeds. In this easy, stylish salad figs and honey balance the richness of the ham and cheese.
Figs with Prosciutto and Roquefort Salad Ingredients:
- 8 fresh figs
- 75g prosciutto
- 3 tbsp. clear honey
- 75g roquefort cheese
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the grill(broiler).
- Quarter the figs and place on a foil-lined grill rack.
- Tear each slice of prosciutto into two or three pieces and crumple them up on the foil beside the figs.
- Brush the figs with 1 tablespoon and cook under the grill until lightly browned.
- Crumble the roquefort cheese and divide in a couple plates, setting it to one side.
- Add the honey-grilled figs and ham and pour over any cooking juices caught on the foil.
- Drizzle the remaining honey over the figs, ham and cheese, and serve seasoned with plenty of freshly ground black pepper.