Fruity Cottage Cheese Salad Recipe. A delicious and fruity cottage cheese salad, so easy to prepare. A cottage cheese herbs recipe with bell peppers, red onions, sweet melon, seedless grapes and a simple dressing . What’s best with this fruity cottage cheese salad is that you can use any seasoned fruits available. This healthy salad tastes good as it looks, a great breakfast to start your day.
Fruity Cottage Cheese Salad Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- 1 med. red bell pepper, seeded and peeled
- 1 med. orange bell pepper, seeded and peeled
- 1 tbsp. fresh chives, snipped
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 sm. Melon, such as ogen, seeded and peeled
- 55g seedless grapes, halved
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 sm. Fresh red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- Place the cottage cheese in a bowl and stir in the chopped herbs, cover lightly and set aside.
- Cut the peeled bell peppers into thin strips and set aside.
- Cut melon in half, discard the seeds and cut into small wedges.
- Remove and discard the rind, or run a sharp knife between the skin and flesh to loosen, then cut the flesh horizontally across and set aside.
- Arrange salad greens on a large serving platter with the melon wedges.
- Spoon the herb-flavoured cottage cheese on the platter and arrange the reserved bell peppers, grapes, and red onion slices around the cheese.
- To make the dressing, mix the lime juice, chile, honey and soy sauce together in a small bowl then stir to combine then drizzle over the salad and serve immediately.