Grapefruit and Cheese Salad Recipe, Pink grapefruit segments make a very attractive color combination with the avocados, but ordinary grapefruit will work just as well. To help avocados to ripen, keep them at room temperature in a brown paper bag.
Grapefruit and Cheese Salad Ingredients:
- ½ romaine lettuce
- ½ oak leaf lettuce
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 2 ripe avocados
- 175g Gorgonzola cheese, thinly sliced
- Fresh basil sprigs, to garnish
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on serving platter.
- Remove the peel and pith from the grapefruit with a sharp serrated knife, catching the grapefruit juice in a bowl.
- Segment the grapefruit by cutting down each side of the membrane and discard all the membrane.
- Arrange the segments on the serving platter.
- Peel, pit and slice avocados, dipping them in the grapefruit juice to prevent them from turning brown.
- Arrange the slices on the salad with the cheese.
- To make the dressing, mix any remaining grapefruit juice, oil and vinegar together in a bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salads.
- Garnish with basil sprigs and serve immediately.