Green Bean Salad with Egg Topping Recipe, When green beans are fresh and plentiful, serve them lightly cooked as a light entrée topped with butter-fried crumbs, egg and parsley.
Green Bean Salad with Egg Topping Ingredients:
- 1 ½ lb. green beans, trimmed and stringed
- 2 tbsp. garlic oil
- 1 oz. butter
- 1 cup fresh white bread crumbs
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg hard boiled and shelled
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil.
- Add the beans and cook for 6 minutes.
- Drain well, toss in garlic oil, and allow to cool.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet, add the bread crumbs and fry until golden.
- Remove from the heat, and the parsley, then grate in the hard-boiled egg.
- Place the beans in a shallow serving dish and spoon on the bread crumb topping.
- Serve at room temperature.