Green Sesame Salad Recipe, A very elegant and light salad which will complement rice and noodle dishes beautifully. Keeping each ingredient as fresh and crunchy as possible will make all the difference to the appearance and taste of this elegant salad. To prevent the apples going brown, soak the slices briefly in a little lemon juice and water as soon as you have cut them.
Green Sesame Salad Ingredients:
- scant 1 cup bean sprout
- 1 1/2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. mild chili powder
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded
- 1 large Granny Smith apple
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- Rinse the bean sprouts under cold running water and drain thoroughly.
- Pick over the bean sprouts, removing any that seem a little brown and limp–it is essential that they are fresh and crunchy for this recipe.
- To make the dressing, combine the cilantro, lime juice, chili powder, sugar, and salt in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the celery into 1-inch/ 2.5-cm. pieces. Cut the bell pepper into pieces and the Granny Smith apple into small chunks.
- Place the chopped celery, bell pepper, apple, and bean sprouts into a large mixing bowl and stir gently to mix.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad, tossing well to mix.
- Garnish the green sesame salad with the toasted sesame seeds and serve with rice or noodle dishes.