Halloumi and Grape Salad Recipe. Firm and salty cheese is a great standby ingredient for turning a simple salad into a special dish. In this recipe it is tossed with sweet, juicy grapes, which complement its flavour and texture. Fresh young thyme leaves and dill taste especially good mixed with the salad. Serve with a crusty walnut or sun-dried tomato bread for a light lunch.
Halloumi and Grape Salad Ingredients:
- 150g mixed salad leaves and tender fresh herb sprigs
- 175g mixed seedless green and black grapes
- 250g halloumi cheese
- 5 tbsp. oil and lemon juice or vinegar dressing
- Toss together the salad leaves, fresh herb sprigs and the green and black grapes, then transfer to a large serving plate.
- Thinly slice the halloumi cheese and cook briefly until it just starts to turn golden brown on the underside.
- Turn the cheese with a fish slice or metal spatula and cook the other side until it is golden brown.
- Arrange the fried cheese over the salad on the plate.
- Pour over the oil and lemon juice or vinegar dressing and serve immediately while the cheese is still hot.