Herbed Salmon with Greens,
Herbed Salmon with Greens Ingredients:
- 3 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. powdered fruit pectin
- 2 tbsp. powdered fruit pectin
- 2 tbsp. snipped fresh oregano, thyme and/or basil or 2 tsp. dried oregano, thyme and/or basil
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 fresh skinless salmon fillets cut into 1 inch think (about 1 pounds)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3/4 cup bottled roasted red sweet peppers, drained and cut into thin strips
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine water, balsamic vinegar, pectin, half of the fresh or dried herb, lime juice, honey, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cover and shake well. Chill for 30 minutes to 3 days.
- Thaw salmon, if frozen. Rinse salmon; pat dry with paper towels. Coat salmon on all sides with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle salmon with remaining fresh or dried herbs and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
- For a charcoal grill, place salmon on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 8 to 12 minutes or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place salmon on greased grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- Divide salad greens and roasted red peppers among four serving plates. Top with salmon. Shake dressing; drizzle over salads.