Iced Pineapple Crush with Strawberries and Lychees, The sweet tropical flavors of pineapple and lychees combine well with richly scented strawberries to make this a most refreshing Salad.
Iced Pineapple Crush with Starwberries and Lychees Ingredients:
- 2 small pineapples
- 1 lb. strawberries
- 14 oz. can lychees
- 3 tbsp. kirsch or white rum
- 2 tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- Remove the crown from both pineapples by twisting sharply. Reserve the leaves for decoration.
- Cut fruit in half diagonally with a large serrated knife.
- Cut around the flesh inside the skin with a small serrated knife, keeping the skin intact. Remove the core from pineapple.
- Chop the pineapple and combine with strawberries and lychees, taking care not to damage the fruit.
- Combine the kirsch with the confectioners’ sugar, pour over the fruit, and freeze for 45 minutes.
- Transfer the fruit to the pineapple skins and decorate with pineapple leaves.
COOK’S TIP : A ripe pineapple will resist pressure when squeezed and will have a sweet, fragrant smell. In winter freezing conditions can cause the flesh to blacken.