Lentil & Goat Cheese Salad Recipe. A fresh Lentil salad with a great combination of flavors. Made with fresh cherry tomatoes, crunchy and sweet bell pepper, tangy goat cheese, spiced up with arugula, scallions and fresh parsley. Serve with a simple honey-vinegar and garlic dressing.
Lentil & Goat Cheese Salad Ingredients:
- 4 tbsp. Puy lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup arugula
- 50g goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tsp. Olive oil
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Rinse the lentils and put in a medium-size pan.
- Add the bay leaf and cover with plenty of cold water.
- Bring to boil, then reduce the heat, and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the lentils are tender and cooked.
- Drain the lentils and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the scallion, bell pepper, parsley, and cherry tomatoes and mix well.
- To make the dressing, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey and garlic and stir into the lentils.
- Divide into two plates with a bed of arugula, sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese on top and serve.