Mango Salad with Turkey,
Mango Salad with Turkey Ingredients:
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. finely shredded lime peel
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. water
- 8 cups torn butterhead lettuce (Boston or Bibb)
- 2 medium mangoes, seeded, peeled and thinly sliced
- 12 oz. cooked smoked turkey or chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp. snipped fresh cilantro
- For lime vinaigrette, in a screw-top jar combine oil, lime peel, lime juice,, and water. Cover and shake well.
- Divide lettuce among for salad plates. Arrange mangoes, smoked turkey, and green onion on lettuce.
- Sprinkle individual servings with cilantro and drizzle with lime vinaigrette. If desired, serve salads with lime wedges.
The tough skin of mangoes is not intended to be eaten. For some people the skin causes an allergic reaction. Make-Ahead Directions: prepare lime vinaigrette as above in step 1. Cover and chill for up to 4 hours. Shake the dressing before drizzling over salad.