Mango-Steak Salad with Lime Dressing,
Mango-Steak Salad with Lime Dressing Ingredients:
- 12 oz. . beef flank steak or boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 5 oz. jicama, peeled and cut into thin bite-size strips (1 cup)
- 1 med. mango, seeded, peeled & sliced
- 1 sm. red onion, cut into thin wedges
- Trim fat from steak. If using flank steak, score both sides of steak in a diamond pattern by making shallow diagonal cuts at 1-inch intervals. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper.
- For a charcoal grill, place steak on a rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill until medium doneness (160 F), turning once halfway through grilling time. Allow 17 to 21 minutes for flank steak or 18 to 22 minutes for top sirloin steak. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place steak on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.) Thinly slice steak diagonally across the grain.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, in a small bowl whisk together lime juice, oil, cilantro, honey, and garlic.
- To serve, divide romaine among six serving plates. Top with steak slices, jicama, mango, and red onion. Drizzle dressing over salads.
Preheat broiler. Place steak on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat until medium doneness (160 F), turning once halfway through broiling time. Allow 15 to 18 minutes for sirloin steak.