Mediterranean Tabbouleh Salad with Chicken,
Prep : 30 mins.
Mediterranean Tabbouleh Salad with Chicken Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup apple jelly
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 2 med. tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped, seeded cucumber
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh mint or 1 tbsp. dried mint
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 12 large leaves romaine or butterhead lettuce (Boston or Bibb)
- 18 oz. grilled or broiled skinless, chicken fillet breast, sliced
- In a large bowl combine water and bulgur. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Drain bulgur through a fine sieve, using a large spoon to press out excess water. Return bulgur to bowl.
- Stir into tomato, cucumber, parsley, green onion, and mint.
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper. Cover and shake well.
- Pour dressing over the bulgur mixture. Toss lightly to coat. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours, stirring occasionally. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Serve romaine with bulgur mixture and cooked chicken. Makes 6 servings.
To grill chicken breast, lightly sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper. For a charcoal grill, place chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 mins. or until chicken is no longer pink (170F), turning once halfway through grilling .