Mexican Potato Salad Recipe, This is a recipe that calls for the almost normal potato salad but blended with jalapenos and some coriander leaves that makes it more of a Mexican tasting dish.
Mexican Potato Salad Ingredients:
- 2lb. waxy potatoes, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 fresh jalapeno chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh coriander
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedges, to garnish
- Cook the potato slices in a sauce pan of boiling water for about 10-15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and peel or scoop it out using spoon.
- Mash the avocado flesh with a fork. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and chopped onion to the avocado and mix well.
- Cover the bowl with clingfilm, to minimize discoloration, and set aside.
- Combine the tomatoes, jalapeno chilli and yellow pepper and transfer to a salad bowl with the potato slices.
- Arrange the avocado mixture on top of the salad and sprinkle with the chopped fresh coriander.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper then serve the salad immediately, garnished with lemon wedges.