Mixed Leaf Salad, Violet’s hardy geraniums, nasturtiums, chive flowers, and pot marigolds add vibrant colors and a sweet flavour to this salad. Use it as a centrepiece at a dinner party, or to liven up a simple everyday meal.
Mixed Leaf Salad Ingredients:
- 1/2 head frisee
- 1/2 head oak leaf lettuce
- Few leaves of radicchio
- 1 head Belgian endive
- 25g arugula leaves
- Fresh basil or Flat-parsley sprigs
- Edible flowers, to garnish (optional)
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Tear the frisee, oak leaf lettuce, and radicchio into pieces. Place the salad greens in a large serving bowl or individual bowls, if you prefer.
- Cut the Belgian endive into diagonal slices and add to the bowl with the arugula and basil.
- To make the dressing, beat the vinegar, sugar and mustard together in a small bowl until the sugar has dissolved.
- Gradually beat in the oil until the dressing is creamy and thoroughly mixed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss thoroughly.
- Sprinkle a mixture of edible flowers over the top and serve.