Mixed Melon Salad with Wild Strawberries, Ice-cold melon is a delicious way to end a meal. Here several varieties are combined with strongly flavoured wild strawberries.
Mixed Melon Salad with Wild Strawberries Ingredients:
- 1 cantaloupe or charentais melon
- 1 galia or spanish melon
- 2 lb. watermelon
- 6 oz. wild strawberries
- 4 sprigs mint
- Halve the cantaloupe, galia, and watermelons.
- Remove the seeds from the cantaloupe and galia with a spoon.
- With a melon-baller, take out as many balls as you can from all 3 melons. Combine in a large bowl and refrigerate.
- Add the wild strawberries and transfer to 4 stemmed glass dishes.
- Decorate with sprigs of mint.
Ripe melons should give slightly when pressed at the base, and give off a fruity, melony scent. Buy carefully if you plan to use the fruit on the day.