Moroccan Dates, Orange and Carrot Salad Recipe. Take exotic fresh dates and marry them with everyday ingredients, such a carrots and oranges, to make this deliciously different juicy salad. The salad looks really pretty arranged on a base of sweet little gem (Bibb) lettuce leaves. This fruity salad is excellent served with chargrilled lamb steaks, or with skewered lamb.
Moroccan Dates, Orange and Carrot Salad Ingredients:
- 3 carrots
- 3 oranges
- 115g fresh dates, stoned (pitted) and cut lengthwise into eighths
- 25g toasted whole almonds, roughly chopped
- Grate the carrots and place in a mound in a serving dish, or on four individual plates.
- Peel and segment two of the oranges and arrange the orange segments around the carrot.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pile the dates on top, then sprinkle with the chopped, toasted almonds.
- Squeeze the juice from the remaining orange and sprinkle it over the salad.
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.