Nicoise Salad Recipe, Salad Nicoise is the happy marriage of tuna fish, hard cooked eggs, green beans and potatoes. Anchovies, olives and capers are often also included, but it is first four ingredients that combine to make this a classic salad.
Nicoise Salad Ingredients:
- 1½ lb. potatoes, peeled
- salt and pepper
- ½ lb. green beans, trimmed and stringed
- 3 eggs, hard-cooked
- 1 romaine lettuce
- ½ cup French Dressing
- ½ lb. small plum tomatoes, quartered
- 14 oz. canned albacore tuna in oil, drained
- 1 oz. canned anchovies
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 12 black olives
- Bring the potatoes to a boil in salted water and cook for 20 minutes.
- Boil the green beans for 6 minutes.
- Drain and cool the potatoes and beans under running water.
- Slice the potatoes thickly, shell and quarter the eggs.
- Wash the lettuce and spin dry, the chop the leaves roughly.
- Toss with half of the dressing in a large salad bowl.
- Toss the potatoes, green beans, and tomatoes with dressing, then scatter over the salad leaves.
- Break the tuna fish up with fork and distribute over the salad with the anchovies, capers, and olives.
- Season to taste and serve.