Papaya Salad Recipe, This raw papaya salad is ideal for stimulating the taste buds at the start of a meal, a mouth watering appetizer, and for cleansing the palate in between courses. A great way to start any meal, it’s easy and quick to prepare, so give it a try and enjoy.
Papaya Salad Ingredients:
- 4 cups raw papaya, coarsely grated
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 bird’s eye chilies, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Thai fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. roasted peanuts, chopped
- A pinch of pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- Toss grated papaya with garlic, chilies, fish sauce, lemon juice and peanuts together in a mixing bowl.
- Season with pepper and toss well. Line a serving plate or salad bowl with fresh lettuce leaves.
- Spoon salad over and garnish with more peanuts as desired and serve.