Pear and Pecan Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe, Toasted pecans have a special affinity for crisp white pears. Their robust flavors combine especially well with the rich blue cheese dressing and make this a salad to remember.
Pear and Pecan Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing Ingredients:
- ½ cup shelled pecans, roughly chopped
- 3 crisp pears
- 6 oz. baby spinach, stems removed
- 1 Boston lettuce
- 1 radicchio
- 2 tbsp. blue cheese and chive dressing
- Salt and pepper
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Toast the pecans under a moderate broiler to bring out their flavour.
- Cut the pears into even slices, leaving the skin intact, and discarding the cores.
- Wash the salad leaves and spin dry.
- Add the pears together with the toasted pecans, then toss with the dressing.
- Distribute between 4 plates and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with warm crusty bread.