Pineapple and Cucumber Salad Recipe, This simple salad is sweet, spicy and tangy all the same time. Serve it as a side dish with other meat and vegetable dishes.
Pineapple and Cucumber Salad Ingredients:
- 2 medium cucumber, peeled or skin on cut into cubes
- ½ pineapple, peeled and cut into cubes
- 4 tbsp. dried prawns (shrimp)
- 1×1 dried prawn Belacan, toasted or 2 tbsp. shrimp paste
- 4 red chilies
- 4 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. palm or brown sugar
- Place cucumbers and pineapple in a mixing bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to chill.
- Soak dried prawns in hot water for 20 minutes to soften.
- Drain well and pound together with prawn paste and chilies until fine.
- Add lime juice, salt and sugar and mix well.
- Refrigerate again for at least an hour to chill.
- Drizzle chilled sauce over cucumbers and pineapple.
- Toss well and serve cold.