Pink Grapefruit and Avocado Salad Recipe. Smooth, creamy avocado and zesty citrus fruit are perfect partners in an attractive, refreshing salad. Pink grapefruit is tangy but not too sharp, or try large oranges or a sweeter flavour. Avocados turn brown quickly when exposed to the air; the acidic grapefruit juice will prevent this from occurring, so combine the ingredients as soon as the avocados have been sliced.
Pink Grapefruit and Avocado Salad Ingredients:
- 2 pink grapefruits
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp chilli oil
- 90g rocket (arugula)
- Slice the top and bottom off a grapefruit, then cut off all the peel and pith from around the side.
- Working over a small bowl to catch the juices, cut out segments from between the membranes and place them in a separate bowl.
- Squeeze any juices remaining in the membranes into the bowl, then discard them.
- Repeat with the remaining grapefruit or orange.
- Halve, stone (pit) and peel the avocados.
- Slice the flesh and add it to the grapefruit segments.
- Whisk little salt and then the chili oil into the grapefruit juice.
- Alternatively, toss the rocket leaves, grapefruit, avocado and the dressing together.
- Divide the salad into four plates and serve immediately.