Potato and Olive Salad Recipe. This delicious salad is simple and zesty – the perfect choice for lunch, as an accompaniment, or as an appetizer. Similar in appearance to flat leaf parsley, fresh coriander has a distinctive pungent, almost spicy flavour. This potato salad is particularly good served as part of a brunch.
Potato and Olive Salad Ingredients:
- 8 large new potatoes
- 3-4 tbsp. garlic-flavoured oil and vinegar dressing
- 4-6 tbsp. chopped fresh herbs, such as coriander (cilantro) and chives
- 10-15 dry fleshed black Mediterranean olives
- Cut the new potatoes into chunks and put them in a pan, pour in water to cover and add a pinch of salt.
- Bring to boil, then reduce the heat and cook gently for about 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are just tender.
- Drain well and leave in a colander to dry thoroughly and cool slightly.
- When they are cool enough to handle, chop the potatoes and put them in a serving bowl.
- Drizzle the garlic dressing over the potatoes.
- Toss well and sprinkle with the chopped fresh coriander and chives, and black olives.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
- If you want spicy potato salad just add a pinch of ground cumin to spice up your salad.