Potato Salad with Egg and Lemon Dressing Recipe, Potato salads are a popular addition to any salad spread and are enjoyed with an assortment of cold meats and fish. This recipe draws on the contrasting flavors of egg and lemon. Chopped parsley provides a fresh finish.
Potato Salad with Egg and Lemon Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 lb. new potatoes, scrubbed or scraped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 egg, hard boiled
1 ¼ cups mayonnaise
1 clove garlic, crushed
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
4 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Bring the potatoes to a boil in a saucepan of salted water. Simmer for 20 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- Cut the potatoes into large dice, season well, and combine with the onion.
- Shell the hard-boiled egg and grate into a mixing bowl, then add the mayonnaise.
- Combine the garlic and lemon zest and juice in a small bowl and stir into the mayonnaise.
- Fold in the chopped parsley, mix thoroughly into the potatoes and serve.