Prawn and Mango Salad Recipe. A deliciously fresh and cold Thai Prawn salad with mango, glass noodles, peanuts and lettuce. A good combination of sweet, spicy and sour at the same time. To keep the salad from becoming soggy, toss it just before serving.
Prawn and Mango Salad Ingredients:
- 500g prawns, boiled and drained
- 2 raw mangoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig coriander leaves, chopped
- 6 fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp. Thai fish sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- salt and sugar, to taste
- 200g glass noodles, soaked in cold water until soft, then drained
- 1 tbsp. crispy fried shallots
- 2 tbsp. peanuts, roasted, skinned and crushed
- lettuce leaves, to serve
- 3 red chilies
- 3 bird’s eye chilies
- 2 tbsp. dried prawns, soaked in water for 20 minutes, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tbsp. grated palm sugar or brown sugar
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into quarters
- Pound all ingredients for the paste together until fine.
- Combine all ingredients for salad, except for peanuts and salad greens and toss well with the paste.
- Line a serving dish with lettuce and top with salad.
- Sprinkle crushed peanuts over and serve immediately.