Radicchio with Figs and Ginger Vinaigrette Recipe. Fresh and healthy, mouth-watering leafy salad with figs and pomegranate seeds dressed with ginger vinaigrette.
A satisfying and light vegetable salad meal to enjoy any time of the day. This kind of salad is a must try, a perfect salad treat for a fig lovers.
Radicchio with Figs and Ginger Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1 radicchio
- 1 small curly endive, lettuce
- 3 oranges
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 8 small green figs, quartered
- 2 pomegrate seeds, optional
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 2 tbsp. very finely chopped glace ginger with syrup
- Wash the radicchio and curly endive leaves in a cold water, and drain well.
- Tear any large leaves into pieces.
- Peel and segment the oranges, discarding all of the pith.
- Place in a large bowl with the onion rings, salad leaves and figs, reserving 8 figs quarters.
- To make the vinaigrette, combine the olive oil, vinegar, cinnamon, orange juice and ginger in a small jug.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and whisk well until emulsifies.
- In a big serving bowl, place radicchio, endives, orange segments, quartered figs and onions.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss lightly.
- Divide into four serving bowls, top with reserved figs and scatter pomegranate seeds on top and served.