Shanghai Salad Recipe. There are many variations of Shanghai salad. Some include noodles and chicken breast. This version is so light, fresh and vegetarian. You can serve this as an appetizer or a dish as well.
Shanghai Salad Ingredients:
- 225g baby corn
- 100g snow peas
- 1 large carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 small onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 450g white cabbage, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- ½ tsp light soy sauce
- Put baby corn in a small pot of water and bring to boil, until tender and crisp.
- Drain the baby corn and leave to cool.
- Blanch snow peas lightly in a boiling water and drain then leave to cool.
- Place Baby corn and snow peas in a large salad bowl together with the carrots, red bell pepper, onions and cabbage.
- Whisk together ingredients for dressing and put in a small bowl along side with the vegetables or pour over the salad and toss well and serve immediately