Shrimp Salad with Curry Dressing Recipe, Curry spices add an unexpected twist to this salad. Warm flavours combine especially well with sweet shrimp and grated apple.
Shrimp Salad with Curry Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 ripe tomato
- ½ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 small onion
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 lb. cooked peeled shrimp
- 1 apple, peeled
- 5 tbsp. mayonnaise
1 tsp. mild curry paste
1 tbsp. tomato ketchup
- 8 whole shrimp
- 8 lemon wedges
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- To peel the tomato, pierce the skin with a knife and immerse in boiling water for 20 seconds.
- Drain and cool under running water. Peel off the skin. Halve the tomato, push the seeds out with your thumb, and discard them. Cut the flesh into a large dice.
- Finely shred the lettuce, onion, and cilantro. Add the tomato, toss with lemon juice, and season with salt.
- To make the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, curry paste, and tomato ketchup in a small bowl. Add 2 tbsp. water to thin the dressing and season to taste with salt.
- Combine the shrimp with the dressing. Quarter and core the apple and grate into the mixture.
- Distribute the shredded lettuce mixture in the center of each and decorate with 2 whole shrimp, 2 lemon wedges and a sprig of cilantro.