Shrimply Delicious Salad The freshness flavour of Shrimp combines especially well with the combination of citrus orange and lime juice and with the salad greens.
Shrimply Delicious Salad Ingredients:
- 16 oz. fresh peeled & deveined large shrimp
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 to 1 tsp. bottled hot pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 11-oz. can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 2 med. red, green & yellow sweet pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- If using wooden skewers, soak skewers in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. In a screw top-jar combine orange juice, lime juice, and hot pepper sauce. Cover and shake well. Place ¼ cup of the juice mixture in a medium bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- For dressing, add canola oil, sugar, red wine vinegar, and toasted sesame oil to remaining juice mixture in a screw-top jar. Cover and shake well; set aside.
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade. Thread shrimp onto skewers, leaving a ¼ inch space between shrimp.
- For a charcoal grill, place skewers on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 5 to 8 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place skewers on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- In a large bowl combine salad greens, orange sections, sweet peppers, and red onion. Add dressing; toss gently to coat. Divide among for serving plates. Arrange shrimp on greens mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.