Spiced Lime Chicken Salad Recipe. A delicious and perfect chicken salad, which all ingredients used blends well and gives a complete balance and intense flavour. So tasty and quick to make in case you don’t have much time, you can buy a cooked chicken and use the meat for this recipe.
Spiced Lime Chicken Salad Ingredients:
- 6 breasts fillet, skinless and halves
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 carrots, peel into thin strips
- 220g fresh asparagus, chopped
- 220g sugar snap peas
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- ½ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh chilli, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Thai fish sauce
- ½ tbsp. sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, warm the oil.
- Sprinkle the chicken with cumin, add to the pan, and cook until well browned and cooked through, turning once, 10-15 minutes total.
- Remove from the pan and cut into thick slices.
- With a vegetable peeler, peel the carrots lengthwise into thin strips.
- Place the carrot peel in a bowl of cold water and let stand until crisp, about 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, boil the asparagus and sugar snap peas until just tender, about 4 minutes.
- Drain and refresh in a bowl of ice water and drain again.
- For the dressing, in a screw-top jar, combine the oil, lime zest and juice,cilantro, chilli, fish sauce, sugar, garlic and mint.
- Shake well and set aside.
- In a big bowl, combine the chicken with the vegetables, sprouts, bell pepper, lettuce and onion, and toss well.
- Drizzle with the dressing just before serving.