Spicy Fish Salad Recipe. This traditional Spicy Fish Thai salad can be served as part of a meal, as a sandwich filling, an appetizer, or as a dip for crackers.
Spicy Fish Salad Ingredients:
- 1 med. Catfish or Mackerel
- 2 cups cooking oil
- 1 large, green mango, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. Thai fish sauce
- 4 pcs. Bird’s eye chillies, finely sliced
- 6 small shallots, peeled and finely sliced
- 20g peanuts, roasted, skinned and coarsely chopped
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Steam fish until done, then remove and leave it to cool.
- When fish is cooled, flake the flesh and discard skin and bones.
- Heat the oil over medium heat and deep-fry fish flakes until golden brown.
- Remove using a wire strainer and set aside on paper towels to drain off the oil.
- Place fish in a mixing bowl with green mango, sugar, fish sauce, chopped bird’s eye chillies, shallots and peanuts.
- Toss well to mix thoroughly and transfer in a serving plate.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.