Strawberries with Raspberry and Passion Fruit Sauce, Fragrant strawberries release their finest flavour when moistened with a sauce of fresh raspberries and scented passion fruit.
Strawberries with Raspberry and Passion Fruit Sauce Ingredients:
- 12 oz. raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 lb. small strawberries
- 1 passion fruit
- 3 tbsp. superfine sugar
- 8 plain butter cookies, to serve
- Place the raspberries and sugar in a stain-resistant saucepan and soften over a gentle heat to release the juices. Simmer for 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Halve the passion fruit and scoop out the seeds and juice.
- Transfer the raspberries into a food processor or blender, add the passion fruit, and blend smoothly.
- Force the fruit sauce through a fine nylon strainer to remove the seeds.
- Fold the strawberries into the sauce, then spoon into 4 stemmed glasses. Serve with plain butter cookies.
Berry fruits offer their best flavour when served at room temperature.