Thai Beef Salad Recipe. This tasty Thai beef salad is also known as “Yam Nua”, has an interesting combination of flavours and textures. A great balance of sweet, spicy and sour dressing that makes this beef salad a mouth-watering and extremely tasty.
Thai Beef Salad Ingredients:
- 500g Sirloin beef steak
- 2 large white onions, finely sliced
- 50g fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Lettuce leaves, to serve
- 10 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 5 Bird’s eye chillies, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp. Thai fish sauce
- 3 tbsp. Lemon or Lime juice
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- Grill beef sirloin until medium or well done according to your preference.
- Leave to cool slightly, then slice thinly and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until sufficiently chilled, to incorporate the flavours.
- Place sliced beef. Onions, coriander leaves and chilli strips in a bowl and toss gently, being careful not to break up the beef.
- Drizzle chilled dressing over the salad and mix lightly to blend.
- Line a serving late with fresh lettuce leaves and arrange salad on top and serve cold.