Thai Bulgur Salad,
Thai Bulgur Salad Ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 2 cups fresh shelled sweet soybeans
- 1 med. red sweet pepper, seeded cut into strips
- 1/2 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tbsp. snipped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 recipe Thai Peanut Dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- In a medium saucepan bring water to boiling; add uncooked bulgur. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until bulgur is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Drain, if necessary. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in soybeans, sweet pepper, carrot, red onion, and cilantro.
- Divide spinach among four serving plates. Top with bulgur mixture; drizzle with Thai Peanut Dressing. If desired, sprinkle with peanuts.
- Thai Peanut Dressing: In a small saucepan combine 1/3 cup water, ¼ cup creamy peanut butter, 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sugar, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper, and 1 clove garlic, minced. Whisk constantly over medium-low heat about 3 minutes or until smooth and slightly thickened (mixture will appear curdled at first but will become smooth as it is whisked over the heat). Makes 2/3 cup.