Thai Chicken Salad Recipe. A classic Thai chicken Salad is also known as “Larb Gai”, a light salad dish, that can be served as an appetizer or a meal. This Thai chicken salad is tasty and crunchy made with a great combination of flavors from bell peppers, carrots, zucchini, snow peas, baby corn, bok choy and herbs.
Thai Chicken Salad Ingredients:
- Vegetable oil spray
- 115g skinless chicken breast portion, cut lengthwise horizontally
- 25g rice vermicelli
- Ready-made low-fat spicy dressing of your choice
- 3 limes, halved
- 50g seeded mixed
- Bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 1/3 cup thin carrot strips
- 1/3 cup thin zucchini strips
- 1/3 cup thin snow pea strips
- ½ cup baby corn cobs, sliced into thin strips
- ½ cup broccoli florets, cut into ¼ inch pieces
- ½ cup shredded bok choy
- 4 tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat a grill pan over high heat and spray lightly with oil.
- Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until thoroughly cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and shred.
- Cook the vermicelli according to the packet instructions.
- To make the salad, put all the salad ingredients with the chicken into a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss together, making sure that all the ingredients are well coated.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve on large plates, squeezing the juice from half a lime over each serving.