Thai Glass Noodle Salad Recipe. A simple and delicious classic Thai salad, yum woon sen, has tangy sauce and so light and refreshing. It is usually served as a side dish, appetizer and can be also served as a light main course. A very easy and simple salad treats to prepare and enjoy at mid-afternoon snacks.
Thai Glass Noodle Salad Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 200g minced pork
- 1 pc. Bird’s eye chilli, seeded and chopped
- 300g bean sprouts, roughly chopped
- 3 spring onions (scallions), finely chopped
- 200g glass noodles, soaked to soften, cut in 2 inches long
- 2 tbsp. peanuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 sprig coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. thai fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- To prepare the sauce, combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl, stir to mix well and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok and add pork minced and fry until it browns, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped chilli, bean sprouts and spring onions and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the drain glass noodles and the sauce in a wok.
- Toss ingredients together and remove from heat.
- Transfer and divide into two serving plates.
- Garnish with toasted peanuts and coriander leaves and serve immediately.