Turkey Taco Salad,
Turkey Taco Salad Ingredients:
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 12 oz. ground uncooked turkey breast
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 1 cup loose-pack frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup purchased salsa
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 to 6 cups shredded romaine
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 oz. purchased baked tortilla chips
- Lightly coat an unheated large non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat.
- Add ground turkey to hot skillet; cook about 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain off fat.
- Stir in beans (if desired), corn, salsa, and water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes to blend flavors.
- Line four salad bowls or serving plates with romaine. Top with hot turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips.