Tzatziki Salad Recipe, Tzatziki is a Greek cucumber salad dressed with yogurt, mint and garlic. It is typically served with grilled lamb and chicken, but is also good with salmon and trout.
Tzatziki Salad Ingredients:
- 1 hothouse cucumber
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. superfine sugar
- 1 cup Greek-style plain yogurt, strained
- Paprika, to garnish (optional)
- Wash and peel the cucumber, then cut half lengthwise and reserved a little for garnish.
- Remove seeds with a teaspoon and discard.
- Slice the cucumber thinly and combine with salt.
- Leave approximately 15-20 minutes. Salt will soften the cucumber and draw out any bitter juices.
- Combine the mint, garlic, sugar and yogurt in a bowl, reserving a few sprigs of mint as decoration.
- Rinse the cucumber in a strainer under cold running water to remove the salt.
- Drain well and combine with the yogurt and mix well.
- Decorate with cucumber and mint sprigs.
- Tzatziki Salad is traditionally garnished with paprika.